Sunday, April 1, 2012

Am I a 21st Century Teacher?

My best answer to this important question is not yet, but hopefully I am making some progress.  I do think it is very important to be technically proficient as a teacher these days.  Technology is such a big part of adolescent life now, it would be really difficult to get through to them without applying it in an educational sense. 

I do worry that students get overly involved with technology.  It seems at times, they don't know what to do without it.  There is so little down time in the life of a student that does not involve technology in some fashion.   I believe it is important for students to also have the skills to entertain themselves and learn without technology being directly involved.  My own kids ask for computer or iPad time quite often, and it can be frustrating to watch them be bored without technology.

In my own school experience, I do find classes that involve technology much more interesting, so I understand the importance as a teacher.  This class has expanded my horizons concerning technology which is making me more optimistic that I can become a 21st century teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment