Thursday, April 26, 2012

Best and Worst of Tech/Topics

I really enjoyed the class and learned a lot.  Before the class started, I looked at the syllabus and was more than a little worried that the things we had to do would trip me up pretty good.  I wasn't terribly confused throughout the class and feel more confident using technology as a teacher in my classes.

The best part of the class surprisingly for me was blogging.  Writing is difficult for me to say the least.  It is a difficult and time consuming process for me to write.  I know that it is a critical skill, particularly in social studies, but have and continue to struggle in my writing ability.  That's why I was surprised that blogging was enjoyable.  Maybe it was the less formal structure, but I found myself able to have thoughts come pretty clearly, and transfer them to the blog with less effort than I normally face with writing.  I will certainly use blogging as a tool to help my students with improving their writing abilities.

My least favorite aspect of the class was the standards section of the portfolio.  While I understand the standardized rules that govern education, it seems to me that this requirement was a little more than necessary.  Our opinions for these standards will probably change somewhat as we go through the program, so I'm glad that at least they can be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment